Customize record notification blocks
Record blocks appear in a variety of surfaces in the Centro Slack app.
- Link a Slack conversation to a Salesforce record from within Slack or Salesforce, record blocks may optionally be posted to the conversation.
- Paste a Salesforce URL in a Slack conversation can optionally unfurl to reveal record blocks.
- As an automated action in a Salesforce Flow or Slack Workflow Step.
Anatomy of Centro Record Blocks
Record Blocks are composed of distinct sections that can be individually customized per Salesforce Object Type (i.e. Lead, Contact, etc). To customize select the Customize option from the Record Block overflow menu next to the list of fields. Records may be customized for Internal and External Slack members separately to protect sensitive data in external conversations with customers and partners.
1. Custom Notification Message
2. Salesforce Record Fields and overflow menu options.
All overflow menu options require the user to connect to Salesforce and respect user permissions. Customize option is only available to Slack workspace admins or the Centro admin.
By default record fields are populated using the Salesforce Compact Layout from your Salesforce Org. However, fields may be customized in Centro using the Customize menu option.
- Change Owner - available for objects that have an Owner field enables records to be reassigned.
- Edit - edit the record in a Slack modal displaying the fields from the Salesforce Page Layout.
- Link to Channel - associate the Slack conversation with the Salesforce record (viewable in Salesforce).
- Refresh - refresh the record data from Salesforce and update in place.
- Customize - customize the record blocks (topic of this article!).
3. Record Actions
Record Actions can appear on all Salesforce record blocks in Slack and can be customized within Slack from the Customize menu.
- New Record Button - Create a related child record. Customize to create any child record that exists as a related list on the Salesforce Page Layout.
- Related Records - Search any related child record. Customize to search any related list from the Salesforce Page Layout.
- Draft Email/SMS - Contact or Lead objects only, initiate a Email or SMS using Email/Phone from Salesforce.
- Updatable Picklist - Allow users to quickly update any Picklist field on the record.
4. Custom Buttons
There are three types of Custom Buttons,
- URL* - opens the users browser when clicked to a specified URL.
- Salesforce Platform Event* - invokes a Salesforce Platform Event which can be used to launch a Salesforce Flow or custom Apex.
- Slack Workflow Webhook - launch a webhook triggered Slack Workflow.
*only supported when the notification message originates from the Salesforce Flow Action. See Make actionable Notifications using Centro Custom Buttons for more detail.