Getting started with Emails in Slack using Centro
Centro provides the ability for teams to draft, use templates, collaborate on, send, and receive emails without leaving Slack. There are 3 ways to get started with an email in Slack using Centro:
- Send a single email from any public or private channel in Slack. You'll need to provide the email address of the recipient.
- Use a template (created in Centro or pull from Salesforce Email Templates if the Salesforce connection has been established).
- Send an email to a pinned Salesforce Contact, Lead, or Case. A Salesforce connection is required. Templates or single emails can be created.
Example email flow:
- Call the bot by using the @centro mention in a channel (private or public)
- Use the /centro email or provide the email address argument: /centro email email@example.com
- Regardless of the method to start an email, you'll see a screen similar to this:
- Leaving "Use Template" to Custom Subject & Body will allow a user to start a new email from scratch:
- Note the user can fill in a plain text email in these two fields. Click Draft to get the email in a Draft message for the rest of the channel to view:
- The email has not been sent yet and is in a Draft state. If anyone would like to edit it, including the original creator, pressing the Edit button will bring the user to the Centro email editor in a separate default web browser window:
- Note that basic formatting is available int his experience, and we can see who is actively editing (and view their edits in real-time) in Slack.
- When final edits are made, press Send Email. The email will use Centro's mail servers to deliver the message to the recipient. The recipient will receive the email from mailer.centro.rocks, but the display name will appear as configured in the App Home:
- Using a Template will draft out and create an email draft in one step
- When using a Send Email from a pinned Salesforce record, the TO: email address will automatically be filled out, and the templates will merge in the Salesforce data.