Searching for Salesforce records in Slack
Centro provides two ways for searching records in Slack: search all records by object or by related records from a pinned or posted record block notification.
- Use the "/centro search" slash command and select a Salesforce object type.
- From here, you may Select a search result to pin and link to a new or existing channel or edit it in place.
Search by Related Records
- From any Centro message displaying a Salesforce record can be customized to display related list buttons. For example, from an Account record configure the related objects to the Account like Contact, Opportunity, Case. To do so, open the overflow menu for the posted message:
- From here, click the "Add/Remove" button from the Related List section:
- Select the related objects you'd like to add or remove:
- The selected options appear on the message and any future messages from any user: