Searching for Salesforce Records in Slack
Centro provides two ways for searching for records in Slack: a search by object and by related records from a pinned or posted message block. Usually in this context, searching for a record usually results in posting the record details for the channel to see in order to have context for the conversation.
- Use the "/centro <object API_name> <search term>". Note: there are only a few supported standard objects for the full slash search command. For example, "/centro accounts sales" results in this ephemeral message:
- From here, you may Select it to pin it to a new or existing channel.
Search by Related Records
- From an established linked and posted Centro message, you can configure the related object buttons. For example, if an Account record is linked, you may configure the related objects to the Account like Contact, Opportunity, Case. To do so, open the overflow menu for the posted message:
- From here, click the "Add/Remove" button from the Related List section:
- Select the related objects you'd like to add or remove:
- The selected options appear on the posted message: