Make actionable notifications using custom buttons
Centro supports custom buttons in notification messages from Salesforce Flow using the "Send notification message to Slack" Flow Element. Alternatively, custom buttons may also be added by customizing Centro Record Blocks.
Custom Buttons configuration user interface:
- Add, remove or reorder up to 5 buttons in order they appear in Notification message
- Specify the button label as it will appear to users (tip: use emojis to add iconography)
- Unique button API name that can be used in a Platform Event to identify the button that was clicked
- Optionally specify a URL to open in Web Browser or Slack Webhook URL when triggering Slack Workflow. (tip: Flow variables may be inserted in to form dynamic URL)
- Button behavior defines additional behavior options in addition to optional URL such as,
- Dismiss the notification message after opening URL, invoking Webhook or Platform Event.
- Invoke a Salesforce Platform Event which can execute a sub Flow, or custom Apex.
- Call a Slack Workflow Webhook that initiates a user process within Slack
Slack Workflow Webhook Example
For example Centro Slack Workflow Steps can be combined with a Salesforce Flow Notification message for complex user automations. Create a new Slack Workflow triggered by a Webhook.
Set up webhook variables named exactly "channelid" with type text and "userid" with type user. This will enable the channel and user that clicks the button to be used as variables in workflow steps. Optionally add a variable named "recordid" with type text to pass through any associated Salesforce Record Id, only add this variable if the notification message will be associated with a Salesforce record.
Complete the workflow steps as desired, in this example we'll prompt the user to create a Salesforce Case. When complete, publish the workflow and copy the generated webhook URL to specify in the Custom Button. When the button behavior "Trigger Slack Workflow Webhook" is checked, the button URL does not open the browser but instead invokes the Workflow webhook.