Quick Start: Slack-to-Case with Threads, Notify on Case Closed
A common ask from our customers is for users to create a Case from Slack using a custom form. They want the case to post to the channel and have a threaded discussion on that case. In addition, instead of posting the case close notification to the entire channel, simply post it to the thread. Here's an overview video:
We have some quick starts to make this happen smoothly and quickly! You may of course use these as templates, and customize them per your organization's needs. Here's how:
- Add the Slack-to-Case Slack Workflow to your Workspace. See this article: https://slack.com/slack-tips/submit-salesforce-cases-in-slack-connect
- Make sure to configure the workflow per the video above, creating a Thread under the Case posting in Slack
- Use the Quick Start in the Centro Salesforce Setup:
- Now in the Salesforce Flow, press Save As, name the Flow like "Centro - Close Case to Thread":
- Activate the Flow, and test out your solution!