Release notes - April 6, 2021
Salesforce & Slack
- Ability to link a single message or thread to a Salesforce record from Slack. Useful for when a channel topic switches between multiple Salesforce record discussions in the same channel. This is surfaced as a message shortcut.
- Salesforce LWC now displays iconography for four Slack channel types:
- Public Channel
- Private Channel
- Archived Channel
- Additional "Upload File to Slack" Salesforce Flow element. Send a Salesforce Content Document Version to a specified Slack Channel. Files must be smaller than 4MB. Files will be stored in the Slack Workspace in the specified channel.
- Flow Element for Send Message to Slack now displays single-member DMs as selectable.
- Slack Single Conversation Lookup LWC. The current version selects a single Slack member or channel to display on a Salesforce record. This will set a custom field to a Slack Member ID. Future versions will display the conversation with that selected channel or DM. Two immediate use cases:
- Set on the User page layout to quickly associate a Salesforce User and their Slack Member IDs
- Set on a Contact page layout to send a DM to a Slack Connect DM