Pushing New Emails to a Single Channel for Team Responses (Shared Inbox)
Centro supports the ability to push emails from a connected Gmail account to a specified Slack Channel. The typical use case would be a generic "email@example.com" or "Support@yourcompany.com" where many employees are assigned to respond to incoming emails. Once configured, emails to that connected Gmail account will appear in a specified Slack channel such as #sales or #support. The email will appear as a Centro Email block, where one can respond using a template or custom response. In addition, the rep may select the email response to appear in a separate Slack account so as to keep the context between emails distinct. Here are the steps to set this up:
- Login to Slack, and go to the Centro Home tab
- Under Email deliverability settings, connect the Gmail account that will serve as the shared inbox
- Now specify an existing Slack channel where incoming emails will appear:
- In this example, any email arriving in "firstname.lastname@example.org" will appear in the #sales channel
- Note when sending a reply, you will be given the option to specify which channel the response thread should appear. By default, it's the channel you originated in.
- Replies, drafts and notifications will work the same just like any other Centro email block from there on out