Quick Start: Create a Case from any message in Slack
Centro ships a Message Shortcut action to Create a Case for any message in Slack to any record in Salesforce. This action can be customized for your specific use case, and this quick start will get you going.
1. Build a Centro Form: The Centro Form is located in the Centr App in the Home Tab. Click the Centro Form Setup Button and click the New Form button
2. Create New Form
- Select the Type of Salesforce Connect needed:
- Note: The Automation User allows non-salesforce users to create Salesforce Records. The Connect as User will honor the permissions of each individually authenticated user.
- Name the Form: The API name is used in the platform events to identify the form.
- Confirmation Popup Message: The Centro Admin can customize the confirmation message.
- Salesforce Object: Select the Case object.
3. Scroll down to add the necessary Fields to your Centro Form.
- Select the needed field in the Add/Remove Fields Picklist. Then click the add button option selection, and the configuration is completed.
- Common Fields used to create a Salesforce Case include Status, Subject, Description, and Account.
- Note: Centro allows for the Label to be renamed and the field required from the Centro Form.
- In Centro Form, the field position is managed using the Move Up and Move Down buttons.
- The Hidden Fields section in the Centro form allows for defaults to be set. To add the Record Type to the Hidden Section, locate the Record Type ID using the following Salesforce Article.
- Once your Centro Form is completed, click save.
4. To expose this Centro form as the Message Short Cut, Navigate to the Workflow Setup in the Centro App Home. Click the Workflow Setup Button and
- Select the Create Salesforce Case Message ShortCut option and select Enable.
- Select the Submit Centro Salesforce Form / Fire Platform Event radio button, select the Centro Form created in the previous steps, and Save.
4. Congrats! Now, users can access the Create Case shortcut from any DM, public, or private channel message.