Create a Salesforce Case from any Slack Channel - Emoji Reaction on any Message
Centro provides a Global Triggered Slack Workflow ability to create a Salesforce Case from any message from any Channel that Centro Bot is active in. It is common for customers or employees to post a Slack message to a channel requesting help, and the solution is to simply emoji react to the message to start the Slack-to-Case workflow. This allows agents to quickly ingest Slack messages and transform them into Cases where they can be managed.
1. Choose an emoji that will work for agents to react to messages to start the Case creation workflow. We recommend using a unique, fairly unused emoji like 💼 or a custom emoji.
2. Create a new webhook-triggered Slack workflow. You may also import this example workflow template:
- Configure the following variables. All variables must be of type "text", except userid, which should be of type Slack User. Note that you may want to configure additional variables for your needs.
- Now either present the user a Form to complete, or directly Save a new Case record step
- Now Post the record to the channel, as a DM to the User, or to a Triage Channel, depending on your desired workflow. You may also Fire a Salesforce Platform event to handle sophisticated Flows to handle complex use cases.
- Publish the Slack Workflow, then Copy the Webhook URL to your clipboard:
- Now go to the Centro App, and click the Home tab, then click the Workflow Setup button. Note: you must be a Slack Workspace Admin to complete this step
- Under the "Emoji reaction Globally on any message in any channel", click "Enable":
- Now past the URL from the published Slack Workflow to the first field, and the emoji Name from step 1 (in this example, "briefcase").
- Save, and test out your workflow!